Commercial Coatings - Code Green Air - Vapor Barrier
CODE GREEN AIR - VAPOR BARRIER
1. PRODUCT NAME Air/vapour barrier: Code Green
2. MANUFACTURER Advanced Coatings Inc. www.advancedcoatings on.ca
3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Basic Use: Primarily intended as a non-accessible air/vapour barrier for all types of cavity wall construction e.g. over exterior face of inner wythe of masonry cavity wall.
New construction or retrofit.
For commercial, industrial and institutional applications.
Composition and Materials: Code Green is a 100% rubber copolymer liquid applied air/vapour barrier membrane (hydrocarbon polymers in hydrocarbon solvents) that is spray applied to the substrate by manufacturer approved applicators
Transition joints in the substrate to receive Code Green are first sealed with a self-adhering polymeric or SBS smooth surfaced modified bitumen membrane (transition strip). These strips, approximately 150 mm (6") wide, are located at beams, columns, changes in substrate material, and similar joints or connections to provide continuity of the air/vapour barrier assembly.
Code Green meets all of the principal requirements and design criteria. for a properly constructed air barrier for the building envelope, namely: resistance to air flow; structural soundness, capable of resisting wind and other loads, over its expected life span; continuity throughout the building envelope; be permanent if concealed.
Thickness: 1 m m (40 m i Is).
Application Rate (over standard concrete block): 2.6 to 3 m2/4.5L (28 to 32 sq. ft./gal.)
Colour: Bright Green
Limitations: Not designed to perform as a permanently exposed membrane
4. TECHNICAL DATA Applicable Standards: Meets and exceeds National Research Council (NRC) Type 111 Air Leakage requirements. Meets the requirements of ASTM E-96 Type I water vapour permeance. See Physical Properties Chart.
Environmental Considerations: Code Green membrane is non-toxic, non carcinogenic and will not contaminate ground water.
5. INSTALLATION Preparatory Work: Refer to Examination section of specification for substrate requirements by others (new construction).
Under the work of the air/vapour barrier section of work, the following preparatory requirements include:
1. Removing loose or foreign matter which might impair adhesion of materials.
2 Filling any voids with a proprietary mastic substrate filler (Code Green Mastic).
3.Cleaning and priming substrate joint/connection surfaces and applying a self-adhering polymeric or SBS modified bitumen "transition strip."
Methods: Code Green is applied using manufacturer approved applicators who undergo extensive training and are monitored for quality performance.
Applied over outer surface of inner why the of masonry or other substrate, Code Green is sprayed on to surfaces using alternating horizontal and vertical passes to ensure complete coverage of substrate and transition strip material. Masonry anchors or other penetrations are sealed air tight.
Transition joints are sealed using transition strip over firm bearing at beams, columns, changes in substrate material and similar joints or connections including at window frame perimeter and door Frames.
Call or E-mail - We can help you chose the right solution for your needs and your budget!
350 National Rd., Box 604,
Tel: (519) 354-7572
Fax: (519) 354-1832
Layout & design: GraphicNet